KD makes it through the RL journey

Look here for major updates and announcements

KD makes it through the RL journey

Postby KDSonoma » Thu May 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Had a bowling ball sized (8in x8in x 8in) non-cancerous tumor removed from my liver earlier this week. Survived surgery, returned home 2 days ago from the hospital and started recovery of about 40 days before returning to RL work). I am also down 43 pounds in the last 6 months prepping for the surgery. If I did not survive the surgery, you would have seen a post from Princess Kelli. She is very relieved not to have had that need to fulfill.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Re: KD makes it through the RL journey

Postby Lord Drakelord » Thu May 12, 2016 3:17 pm

KDSonoma wrote:Had a bowling ball sized (8in x8in x 8in) non-cancerous tumor removed from my liver earlier this week. Survived surgery, returned home 2 days ago from the hospital and started recovery of about 40 days before returning to RL work). I am also down 43 pounds in the last 6 months prepping for the surgery. If I did not survive the surgery, you would have seen a post from Princess Kelli. She is very relieved not to have had that need to fulfill.

KD

Thank god! We all are so happy to see this post. The wife and I are so happy to see this. I also happy to say the wife is Cancer free as well. So good news for all.
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Medals: 5
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby VioletJo » Thu May 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Great News glad to hear from you.
so glad the good lord answered all your prayers and making it non cancerous.
Hope one day you get back on the game, I'm sure a lot of people will come back once they know your back. :D
I called Mr. Wonderful to let him know your great news.
VioletJo
PAS First Lady
PAS First Lady

Medals: 3
Seth Medal of Compassion (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

yo, tex

Postby tiger » Thu May 12, 2016 7:02 pm

great to hear the good news, I knew you could do it. as for the tumor, I should have the size of it. remember, every thing is bigger in texas.
tiger
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Tracy » Thu May 12, 2016 9:00 pm

Wow. I'm so very happy to hear you made it through. Cancer is rough, I have had to deal with it with some very close family members over the years. My 35 year old sister just came up malignant again for the 9th time in her life (started with melanoma when she was 14), so I know how much of an emotional toll it can have on you all. My thoughts are with you.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Ciara » Fri May 13, 2016 10:59 am

Congratulations KD! I'm overjoyed to hear you made it through that surgery. A very nice side benefit, to have lost some weight. I wish you a speedy and peaceful recovery!
Ciara
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby Chalnoth Tholl » Sat May 14, 2016 7:31 am

Could not be Happier, so relieved that you have finally gotten this surgery behind you. I know you are in good hands, your ladies will see to your recovery. Don't rush it, looking forward to speaking with you soon. Pop into VENT when you feel strong enough for some banter. Praying for your swift and complete recovery.
Chalnoth Tholl
PAS GM
PAS GM

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Postby Cinderella » Sun May 15, 2016 12:02 pm

So happy to hear this... many thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover from this surgery
So glad it wasn't cancerous and that it was removed safely
Cinderella
Former Entrusted First Lady
Former Entrusted First Lady

Medals: 2
Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby VioletJo » Mon May 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Malachi the good news is he didn't have cancer... :D
VioletJo
PAS First Lady
PAS First Lady

Seth Medal of Compassion (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1) Medal of Ariel Joy (1)

Postby Tracy » Tue May 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Yup. I was just saying, tumors are always scary, regardless. Always good to hear "non cancerous", and also good to hear about the weight loss.
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Mastica's Light of Love (1) Artemis Entreri Medal of Honor (1) DeGuy Medal of Honesty (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) PAS Royal Guard (1)

Postby KDSonoma » Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 pm

a quick follow-up ... I ended up back in the hospital again for 3 days for what ended up as a GI infection. I'm back out tonight. And yep, it's been a whopper of a process to get rid of this tumor, my thoughts while I was in the hospital were constantly about how lucky I was that I was facing this as my toughest life test (so far). There are/were/will be so many PAS and others facing way bigger tests in their life.

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Maldar » Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 pm

I know that was scary! I am so happy not to be reading Princess Kelli's message instead! Get well soon, old friend. *whew*
Maldar
PAS Elder
PAS Elder

One Eyed Jack's Stand of Cour (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) SilverHawk Medal (1)

Postby Tracy » Wed May 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear you had to go back, but glad they caught the infection. Keep kicking it's butt and you'll be back on your feet in no time. :)
Tracy
PAS Royal Guard
PAS Royal Guard

Postby KDSonoma » Fri May 27, 2016 1:49 pm

"Well aint that a kick in the teeth?"

Unfortunately, that was my wife's quote earlier this morning. My surgeon called me and told me the toxicology report on that huge mass came back as cancer. He said they had to send it off for a second opinion, which is why it took them 3 weeks after surgery to get the report.

The good news is the mass is gone now, but the bad news is we now are scheduled to meet with an oncology team (probably next week).

So it's likely that they will take more CTs, MRIs etc to look for any more cancer.

My response to my wife after her quote above: "It is what it is".

:(

KD
KD

PAS Rocks Sonoma!
KDSonoma
King of Sonoma
King of Sonoma

Postby Lord Drakelord » Sat May 28, 2016 8:51 am

Our Prayers are with you sir!
Lord Drakelord
Master of the Blades
Master of the Blades

Bela Lugosi Medal of Valor (1) Orkk Medal of Humility (1) Seth Medal of Compassion (1) Zerena Medal of Sacrifice (1) People’s Medal of Virtues (1)

Next

Return to Major Announcements